Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Eight random things and a cute photo



Better late than never, I suppose. I've been tagged by Delia for the eight random facts meme, so here goes:


1. I have a weird talent for finding four-leaf clovers. As a child I found hundreds of them. Not so much lately, possibly because I don't spend enough time wandering around outside, or maybe it's because I spend more of my outdoor time looking up rather than down.


2. I'd rather eat cookie dough than baked cookies.


3. My husband is 20 years older than me. When he retired, I retired, which was 3 weeks before my mother retired.


4. I may be the only Democrat in our church.


5.I have a masters degree in computer science, but I only recently learned how to turn my cell phone to "vibrate".


6. My mother is the nicest person in the world. Anybody who knows her will agree. Actually there may be a tie between her and my husband.


7. I used to drive sports cars. Now I love my minivan - great for transporting pets.


8. I just read on Mary's blog that she, Delia, Sharon, Laura, Susan, and Lynne are all going to the Cape May bird festival in October, so I'm going to go too. Can't wait to meet all of them!


I'm not going to tag anyone else for the meme. I'm so late doing it, I'm sure most of my favorite bloggers have already been tagged.


Now for the cute photo - our church hosted the community Vacation Bible School a couple of weeks ago. Temps were in the 90s every day that week. I had it easy - an indoor job helping with crafts. The snack & recreation leaders had it rougher working outdoors. Here's a photo of some of the kids finding shade wherever they could...




4 comments:

Mary said...

Ha! #5 made me laugh! Technology is great but I hate reading instructions.

So glad you are coming, Susan. I can't wait to meet you! This will be my first birding adventure!

Lynne at Hasty Brook said...

1. Never found one!
2. Baked.
3. Retired?!? Dang you're LUCKY!!
4. Conservative bunch?
5. LOL! Technically challenged?
6. Then you must be nice too.
7. I just traded my mommy van for a sports car!
8. Can't wait to meet you too! Don't forget to email the Birdchick with your name, address and phone.

possumlady said...

Hi Susan,

I definitely love cookie dough more than the baked cookies! For my birthday one year a girlfriend gave me a tub of homemade raw cookie dough. It was one of my best presents ever.

Susan Gets Native said...

Same for me with the cookie dough thing. How can the taste change so much from bowl to pan???? It's not fair.
Glad you are coming to Cape May! Birder bloggers unite!