Sunday, August 13, 2006

The Crossing 2006 - Lake Gaston



I love eating at a restaurant where you need to wear sunglasses. I took this photo last Sunday from the deck of the new Watersview Restaurant. The grassy patch in the water in the lower left part of the photo was the "finish line" for The Crossing which took place yesterday. At the far side of the bridge is Eaton's Ferry Marina. That was the starting point. My husband and I, along with 30 or 40 other (mostly faster) swimmers, made the one-mile swim with no trouble.


Watersview Restaurant Lake Gaston

Here's our "before" photo. Sorry, no "after" photo is available.


The Crossing - Lake Gaston


53 boats lined up across the lake as a barricade to keep us safe.


The Crossing - Lake Gaston


Besides the swimmers, there were non-motorized watercraft (and I use that term loosely) that participated. I know that our friend, Al, worked a lot harder paddling this contraption across the lake than I did swimming.


The Crossing - Lake Gaston


One last photo - here's the "Bull Ship". I didn't get a photo of it in the water, because they made it across a lot faster than I did and already had it loaded on the truck.


The Crossing - Lake Gaston


No comments: