Tuesday, August 22, 2006

A bird and a mouse



Society finches love to snuggle. Usually it's with other society finches, which is why they are called society finches. But if another finch isn't available, a mouse will do.


society finch & mouse


I took the above photo yesterday. I spent a lot of time at the computer and Honeycomb was snuggling against my hand as I "moused around". She loves having my hand brush against her as I move the mouse.


Today she took it one step farther and squeezed herself between my hand and the mouse and rode the mouse around as I played a game of Spider Solitaire. What a cutie!


society finch & mouse


4 comments:

Julie Zickefoose said...

Honeycomb is adorable. I've raised some wild birds who were cuddlebunnies, too--mourning doves in particular, and a cardinal... The blue pearls on Gouldian finch mouths flip me all the way out! If we lived closer, I would definitely be buying Gouldians from you. I'd simply not be able to resist them. I've come close to getting some a few times--but knowing how lovingly and knowingly you raise them would tip the balance. You have such a cool blog.

Lynne at Hasty Brook said...

I would love to cuddle with a bird- forget about swimming with dolphins!

Susan said...

Thank you Julie & I hope you do make it here sometime for some gouldians or just for a visit -

And Lynne, here we swim with the mallards instead of dolphins.

Anonymous said...

I have Gouldians too. But the one that rides my hand as I mouse is my blue parakeet. I've never seen a society finch this tame. I'm assuming she was hand raised?