Thursday, November 01, 2007

Great black-backed gull



I drove across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge last week on my way to Cape May. Sitting on the top of almost every street lamp was a great black-backed gull - pretty cool! Sometimes I'm able to get some pretty good photos by pointing the camera out the passenger window as my husband is driving. But this trip I was alone and it was pouring rain, so I didn't get any photos of the gulls on the lamp posts. But I did get some photos a few days later from the Cape May Ferry.


In flight...


black-backed gull


and enjoying a bubble bath...



great black-backed gull

4 comments:

Mary said...

If you are talking about the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel, it's a great place to stop and photo gulls. That last photo is fantastic, Susan. A gull wading in foam.

Or maybe you crossed the Bay Bridge on 50?

Susan Gets Native said...

Out-freakin'-standing, Susan!

Susan said...

Mary - yes it was the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel which is pretty cool, though expensive - $12 each way.

Susan - thank you!

dguzman said...

WOW! Beautiful photos!