Monday, December 12, 2005

For the Bats







You know how it goes when you're surfing the web, one site leads to another then another, and the next thing you know you're reading an article about the benefits of bats and how to build a bat house. Maybe your meandering surf path never ended up here: , but mine did & I decided that we needed a bat house. I copied the plans and casually mentioned it to my agreeable husband who said he would build one ... when he had the time.

Hmm, time to check ebay. And yes, they had some listings for bat houses. A few clicks later & one was on the way. As per the instructions we mounted it on a building near water (our boat house) facing south. It was a bit tricky putting it up ... 2 legs of the step ladder on the boat and the other 2 legs of the ladder on the dock. Always safety conscious, I stayed on the ground where I could make the 911 call if necessary.






Hello bats, goodbye mosquitos!

No comments: